About Me!

I am a Junior at the University of South Alabama, majoring in Elementary Education. I am currently finishing up all my regular Education classes so I can start Pre-Sequence the spring of 2010. I have known that I wanted to be a teacher since I was in the 2nd grade. I love children and enjoy spending time with them. It warms my heart to know that sooner than I think I will be making a major difference in the lives of young children. I want to create a loving and nurturing environment for all kids to enjoy school.

My Teaching Philosophy!

I think the most important thing to remember is that all children are unique in their own way. As a teacher I want to make sure that all students succeed. Even if them succeeding calls for me to go above and beyond, then that is exactly what I will do. I know that as a teacher I will be faced with all different kinds of situations. I know I will not agree with whats happening many times at home, but as a teacher it is my job to make sure they are taken care of in my classroom. Many children are going to need a caring person to go to when they have no one else, and I as a teacher have to take that responsibility.
I plan on learning everything I can to prepare myself to teach the students in my classroom. If they are not learning then I am failing as their teacher. One real important issue to remember is that even though you are the teacher you may not know everything. As a teacher I want my students to know that you are never to old to learn. As a teacher I want my students to feel they can trust me. Trust is a major issue with many children. As a teacher I feel it is very important to be a leader and role model for your students. For many of the students you will be all they have, therefore you need to make sure everything you do is professional and they know you are there for them.
I want my classroom to be a safe environment for my students. Through all the new ways of teaching I have learned, I will make my classroom one where you learn what you need to, but enjoy it at the same time. Learning is meant to be fun not intimidating. I hope to create the all around safe, and nurturing classroom.

The Desire to Keep Going!!


As I look into my future I see myself standing in front of a room full of kindergartners. I think wow I only have three semesters to go. I do have the thought of giving up, but when I close my eyes and see those wonderful kids, I can't give up on them. There are so many children who need someone in their life to keep them on the right track. I want to be that someone for those children. I know how it feels to have someone who believes in everything you do, and everyone needs a person like this in their life. I see the children as my prize and their road to achievement. I will never give up on my dream or my students.